Comprised of homemade breakfast sausage and fresh baked biscuits, this version of traditional biscuits and gravy is delicious, and it’s brought to us by Brian over at Short Circuited Brewers.
Originally meant to be part of a road trip where Chad and I were to hang out with Brian all weekend while making several videos including this one, COVID19 threw a wrench in the works forcing us to find another way to bring this video to you. We hope you enjoy it!
Short Circuited Brewers (Brian’s channel): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0XQHkkvlwwbP8HcO2rpGqg
Dough Scraper (Amazon Affiliate): https://amzn.to/3g1YJTZ
- 8.5 lb pork butt (shoulder)
- Seasoning per lb of pork:
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (Larry’s family version: 1/8 tsp)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (Larry’s family version: skip)
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Sausage Directions: See video on Brian’s Patreon page, or…
- Cut up pork butt. Chill to firm up pieces. Grind. Mix in seasoning. Beat in stand mixer with paddle attachment to better meld ingredients. Form into 1 lb chunks and roll up in plastic wrap. Refrigerate or freeze.
- 2.5 cups self-rising flour (or make your own from 2.5 AP flour, 3.75 tsp baking powder, .625 tsp fine salt)
- 1 stick very cold salted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
See video. Bake @425 F for 12+ minutes.
- 1 lb sausage
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- black pepper
- ~1 tsp coarse salt