Wild caught salmon cured then smoked on the Adrenaline Barbecue Company Slow ‘N Sear Kamado similarly to how I previously prepared it on the Kamado Joe Big Joe a while back, but this time it was even better! I’ve discovered that the SNS Kamado has a big advantage over other kamados. Check out what that is and how I made use of it.
The Cure (not the band):
- Half Coarse Salt (~1/2-1 cup)
- Half Brown Sugar (~1/2-1 cup)
- A little black pepper (~1 Tablespoon)
- Optional: Dill or other fresh herbs
Additional Ingredient: Maple syrup for a glaze
- Debone fish if necessary.
- Coat both sides with cure in a nonreactive dish.
- Cover and place in fridge.
- Wait 1-2 days.
- Smoke fish at 150-170 degrees F until internal temperature is 135 or higher for wild caught; closer to 150 for farm raised. Will take 2-3 hours or maybe longer in some cases.
Previous Smoked Salmon Video (Kamado Joe Big Joe version): https://youtu.be/GXtFgRlHdSk